The Employee Relations staff is committed to promoting positive working relationships and effective communication among employees, working to increase employee morale, ensuring fair employment practices, and creating, implementing, and revising policies, procedures, and programs that are fair and accurate to all employees, to enhance the working environment.
The Employee Relations staff offers assistance in a variety of ways including:
- Providing advice and consultation in matters relating to policies and procedures
- Providing advice on how to manage performance and conduct issues
- Serving as adviser to employees in negotiating workplace conflicts
- Providing clear channels/processes for complaints and grievances
- Guiding and counseling managers with regard to routine people management issues, and serving as a high-level internal consultant regarding complex people management issues
- Obtaining information through exit interviews, climate surveys and general employee feedback sessions and using the data to assist in the creation of a more positive work environment