The School of Law was first established at the University of Dayton in 1922 and flourished for thirteen years. The law school was a leader in educating men and women in this region, many of whom became prominent lawyers and jurists. With the tumultuous times associated with the Great Depression, the School of Law closed in 1935.
Following several years of planning and preparation, the School of Law reopened in 1974. The school received provisional accreditation by the American Bar Association during its first year in operation, 1974-75. In 1979, the law school received full accreditation from the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admission to the Bar of the American Bar Association. The School of Law also received membership in the Association of American Law Schools in 1984.
The University of Dayton is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools, and many of its programs are accredited by various professional organizations.
The name, address and telephone number of the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admission to the Bar:
American Bar Association
Section of Legal Education and Admission to the Bar
321 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60654-7598