All official email communication from the University of Dayton School of Law will be directed to your UDmail account. In addition, official communication from you to the University of Dayton School of Law must originate from your UDmail account.
To protect the confidentiality of your personal information, if you are using email to request a release of information from your academic file or changes to your personal information, be advised that the University of Dayton School of Law Office of the Registrar will only accept requests originating from your UDmail account, in accordance with UDSL policy.
The list of confidential information includes the following:
- Any information relating to your personal and/or academic record that is maintained in your academic file, such as grades, transcripts, class rank, LSAT scores and copies of documents from your file
- Enrollment verifications for loan deferral
- Course schedule submission
- Course schedule changes
- Address changes
- Graduation/degree conferral
- Any bar form in general, specifically bar certifications and affidavits
- Exam numbers
Your request must include:
- Your full name
- Your student ID number (or Social Security number; while acceptable, we do not encourage the use of this information)
- Current class level (first, second or third year) and the term you began study
- Reason for your request
- Items/information you are requesting
- Directions for the dissemination of the information you are requesting (e.g., mailing instructions, you will pick up, place in mailbox, email, fax, etc.)
Please remember that we require three business days to process your requests, and we require five days during peak periods, such as exam period and the first week of any term.
Email name changes will not be accepted. Name change forms are available at the Office of the Registrar and online. The form must have a notary’s signature and seal, certifying that you have presented appropriate documentation with your new name to the notary.