Roesch Library has study rooms available daily to all students, faculty and staff on a first-come, first-served basis. Keys can be checked out using a valid University ID at the circulation/reserve desk on the first floor. Loan periods are listed below. Hourly fines apply for keys returned after the reservation expires.
For more information about private and group study rooms, call the circulation/reserve desk at 937-229-4234.
- Individual study rooms: 5 hours
- Group study rooms: 3 hours
- Honors group study rooms: 4 hours
Note: During periods of 24-hour library access, the limit for all study rooms is 3 hours.Back to top from Loan periods
Guidelines for use of study rooms
- Usage of the study rooms begins at the time of checkout.
- Under no circumstances may the key to any study room leave the library.
- Study room keys will not be held at the circulation desk while checked out.
- Do not add or remove anything from the study rooms.
- Place all trash in designated trash receptacles.
- Study room keys must be returned in the condition in which they were given.
- Study rooms must be left in the condition in which they were found.
- Group study rooms will only be checked out groups of three or more.
Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in fines and/or reports to public safety. Fines are listed below. Abuse or repeated failure to return keys on time may result in the loss of study room privileges.Back to top from Guidelines for use of study rooms
Fines for late return or loss of key
- Individual study rooms: $1 for each additional hour
- Group study rooms: $1 for each additional hour
- Honors group study rooms: $1 for each additional hour
- Lost or unreturned key: $100
The rules change during 24-hour access periods
- When all study rooms are in use, students, staff and faculty may place their name, phone number and room preference on a waiting list. Once a study room becomes available, a library staff member will contact the next person on the list. Once contacted, the person must pick up the key within 10 minutes.
- Law students are not eligible to reserve study rooms during 24-hour access periods.
- During 24-hour access, all study rooms have a time limit of 3 hours.
- Fine for overdue keys during 24-hour access is $5.00 for each hour or part.