Individual and group study rooms are available on a first come/ first serve basis. Individual and group study rooms can be checked out at the circulation desk using a valid University ID during normal hours of operation. Students, staff or faculty will be given a key to a study room, which they must return to the circulation desk at the end of use.
Any questions regarding study room use should be directed to Access Services at 229-4234.
Property damage, ceiling leaks, network problems, and heating and cooling issues should be reported to the Operations Coordinator, Risé Kreitzer, at 229-4228
- Individual Study Rooms: 5 hours
- Group Study Rooms: 3 hours
- Honors Group Study Rooms: 4 hours
Guidelines for use of study rooms
- Usage of the study rooms begins at the time of check out.
- Under NO circumstances can the key to any study room leave the library.
- Study Room keys will NOT be held at the circulation desk while checked out.
- DO NOT add or remove anything from the study rooms.
- Place all trash in designated trash receptacles.
- Study rooms keys MUST be returned in the condition that they were given.
- Study rooms MUST be left in the condition that they were found.
- Group study rooms are only checked out to students that have a minimum of 3 people in their group
If these guidelines are not followed, it will result in students being fined and/or Public Safety being notified. Failure to return study room keys will result in students being fined and/or Public Safety being notified for failing to return university property. Cost for a new key replacement and re-keying a door will be assumed by the student if the key is lost or not returned. Abuse or repetitive failure in returning keys on time may result in the loss of individual and group study room privileges.Top
Fines for late return or loss of key
- Individual Study Rooms: $1.00/ each additional hour
- Group Study Rooms: $1.00/ each additional hour
- Honors Group Study Rooms: $1.00/ each additional hour
- Cost for Replacement: $100.00 for any lost/ unreturned key
The rules change when we go to 24 hour access
- ALL study rooms are available on a first come/ first serve basis.
- When all study rooms are in use, students, staff and faculty may place their name, phone number and room preference on the waiting list. Once a study room becomes available, they will be contacted. Once contacted, each person will be given ten minutes to pick up the key. If the key has not been claimed within 10 minutes, the next person on the waiting list will be contacted.
- Due to limited space during peak times and the availability of study rooms in the Zimmerman Law Library, access for law students will not be allowed during days with 24 hour access to the library.
- ALL study rooms will be checked out for a period of three hours.
- If a key to a study room is not returned by the designated time, the patron will be charged a fine of $5.00 for each hour overdue.