The first step in managing your project is to create a production schedule. Good planning will ensure that everyone involved has enough time to do the best job possible.
When you work with Marketing Services, we'll create a timeline for your project by working backward from the deadline date and scheduling enough time for each step of the creative and production processes. The full production cycle for a piece varies depending on the type of piece and how much custom work is involved. Using one of our basic templates will provide for quicker turnaround, while producing an original piece with custom writing and design will take significantly longer.
If you are producing a time-sensitive publication (e.g. event invitation), we will need to add mailing time into the schedule. Typically, you'll want your audience to have an event invitation a month prior to the event.
General Time Estimates
For your planning purposes, average time estimates for various print projects are provided below. The estimates begin at the time you provide all of the required information to your project manager and end when the piece is delivered/launched; they do not include mailing time.
Keep in mind that the longer, more involved or more complex a piece is, the more time it can take.
- Insert/brochure/booklet: 6-8 weeks
- Newsletter: 6-8 weeks (additional time is needed if you require copywriting assistance)
- Postcard: 6-8 weeks
- Insert/Brochure/Booklet: 8-10 weeks
- Magazine/Viewbook: 2-4 months (update existing piece); 6-8 months (create new piece)
- Video upload to YouTube channel: 4 hours
- Targeted e-mail: 4-6 weeks
- Mobile marketing campaign: 1-3 weeks
- Social media page launch: 1-3 weeks
- Social media campaign: Varies; contact Marketing Services
- Video creation: Varies; contact Marketing Services