fees and guidelines
The fee for a rehearsal and wedding in the Chapel is $560.00 plus a refundable deposit of $250.00. This includes use of the Chapel for your wedding and rehearsal, a musician/cantor, and the wedding coordinator. The deposit is due 30 days after reserving the Chapel for the wedding. The Chapel fee and all other fees are due 30 days before the wedding date. If the fee is not paid, the Chapel will not be reserved in your name.
The following can be rented from the Campus Ministry Office:
- Ten single candelabras for the aisle $75.00
- Two 7-tier candelabras for the altar $75.00
- They are decorated with white bows and ivy and the prices include the candles.
- Please make checks for candles and the use of the chapel payable to UD Campus Ministry
The Chapel costs —described here— do not include the customary stipend for the priest or deacon who spends many hours with you, preparing for your wedding and then presiding at it. The minimal suggested stipend is $150.
If you are asking the priest or deacon to travel to Dayton for your Wedding you should also offer to take care of his costs for the trip (lodging, meals, gas or airline cost).
Please let us know if your address or phone numbers change anytime before your wedding, or, give us a number (e.g. parent's phone) where you can be reached during the period of time before the wedding.
Send all forms, fees and other documents to the Campus Ministry Office marked “Attention: Colleen Brown ”. Please use the complete 9-digit zip code
Remember all fees are due one month before the wedding.
Since the Chapel is now air-conditioned, the double doors are to be used for the bridal party only. They will be opened ten minutes before the ceremony starts. Otherwise they are to be kept closed.
You may want to assign a greeter to stand outside in front to direct your guests to the side doors.
If you are renting aisle/altar candelabras from a florist please let Colleen Brown know ahead of time. Arrangements must be made for their removal immediately after the ceremony.
Chapel of the Immaculate Conception
Attn: Colleen Brown
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469-0408
- You must be free to marry in the Church, according to Canon Law; see our link about annulments.
- Please remember that you are guests in the Chapel and your Wedding is an exception. Colleen Brown is representing the university and is in charge of the Chapel.
- First, check with Colleen Brown for chapel availability.
- Second, contact your priest (or deacon) about his availability, then schedule your wedding with Colleen Brown at 937-229-2019.
- Required PRE-CANA program INFORMATION and other helpful information about preparing for married life, from the Archdiocese of Cincinnati (our Archdiocese). Look for PRE-CANA registration and Catholic Engaged Encounter in the Dayton or Maria Stein Areas.
- Sacred Music requirements for Weddings in the UD Chapel. Your wedding is a service of worship.
Jim Pera will be available for music questions at 937-229-2052. Please contact him to discuss appropriate music. You must use approved musicians if you are to use the UD Chapel.
- Common Questions & Answers about Weddings at the UD Chapel
- Other notes:
- An appointment must be made with Colleen Brown several weeks before the wedding to arrange the final details.
- You will be allowed a total of three hours for your wedding. This includes one hour before and two hours after the time your wedding is scheduled to start.
- There is a fee of $560.00 for the use of the Chapel of the Immaculate Conception for the wedding and rehearsal plus a refundable deposit of $100.00. The deposit is due 30 days after reserving the Chapel for the wedding. The Chapel fee and all other fees are due 30 days before the wedding date.
- St. Mary's Hall will be open "three hours before" through "three hours after" your wedding time (no extra charge). This is a good place to dress and take pictures before the wedding because it has a nice ladies room with a full length mirror and the hallways are wide enough for the photographer to set up equipment.