A-List Journalists02.20.2013 | Business
Four leading media outlets focusing on business will be represented at the University of Dayton's RISE 13 student investment forum April 4 when journalists from Bloomberg, CBS News, CNBC and FOX Business take the stage.
They’ll be moderating panels that include two Federal Reserve presidents, CEOs of some of the most prominent investment firms in the world and influential leaders in the world of finance.
"In addition to our stellar lineup of speakers, RISE has an all-star lineup of moderators," said David Kudla, executive director of RISE 13 and CEO and CIO of Mainstay Capital Management LLC. "Through their up-to-the-minute knowledge and expertise, along with RISE's unscripted and interactive format, participants are guaranteed lively, incisive and candid discussions."
Kathleen Hays, host "The Hays Advantage," Bloomberg Radio, who will moderate the Federal Reserve Presidents' Panel, which includes:
- Charles L. Evans, president and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Dennis Lockhart, president and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Steve Liesman, senior economics reporter, CBNC, who will moderate the economy panel. Panelists include:
- Robert S. Kapito, president, BlackRock
- Kate Moore, senior global equity strategist, BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research
- Diane C. Swonk, senior managing director and chief economist, Mesirow Financial
- Jerry Webman, senior investment officer and chief economist, OppenheimerFunds Inc.
David Asman, anchor, FOX Business, who will moderate the markets panel. Panelists include:
- Barry Knapp, managing director, Barclays Capital
- Stephanie Link, chief investment officer and co-portfolio manager, TheStreet
- Philip Orlando, senior vice president, senior portfolio manager and chief equity market strategist, Federated Investors
- Liz Ann Sonders, senior vice president and chief investment strategist, Charles Schwab & Co. Inc.
Mellody Hobson, contributor and analyst, CBS News and president of Ariel Investments, who will moderate the future of the industry panel. Panelists include:
- Roger W. Ferguson Jr., president and CEO, TIAA-CREF
- Edwin A. Finn Jr., editor and president, Barron's
- Fred Tomcyzk, president and CEO, TD Ameritrade
RISE (Redefining Investment Strategy Education) the largest and longest running student run investment forum in the country, brings together investment professionals with students and faculty in an interactive, informative setting. Since it began in 2001, RISE has attracted nearly 15,000 participants from the financial industry and colleges and universities from around the globe.
Professionals and the general public may attend RISE Thursday, April 4. Students and faculty stay through noon, April 6, for breakout sessions, workshops, networking, a career strategies forum all conducted by industry professionals. Students may also participate in an optional portfolio competition, with cash prizes totaling up to $6,000.
Registration for professionals and students is $200 before Feb. 28 and $250 after Feb. 28. Registration for faculty is $300 before Feb. 28 and $350 after Feb. 28. A limited number of scholarships for high school and college students to attend RISE 13 are available.
For more information visit RISE 13 at http://www.udayton.edu/business/rise/ or contact RISE at 937-229-4761 or firstname.lastname@example.org.