I Love UD01.27.2014 | Campus and Community, Service and Giving
Following the success of last year's inaugural campaign, people everywhere once again have the chance to display their love for the University of Dayton.
"I Love UD" returns this February, with a month full of activities and opportunities to support the University of Dayton.
Share a photo, commit random acts of kindness, decorate a porch sheet and even "break up" with another University.
Each week there's a new opportunity to celebrate and give, and the goal is simple: 2,800 gifts in 28 days. In other words, a whole lot of love.
"The 'I Love UD' campaign's purpose is to broaden and deepen the relationships we have with alumni, friends, and supporters," said University of Dayton President Daniel J. Curran. "The University of Dayton has a deeply bonded community throughout the world. This is our way to make sure that bond continues to strengthen and grow. We look forward to having another highly successful campaign this year."
The month-long celebration will kick off at 11:45 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 30, in the Kennedy Union lobby and Torch Lounge, with T-shirts, food and Pride of Dayton band members. Curran will make remarks.
Throughout the "I Love UD" campaign, the community can show support in a variety of ways — signs, service, prayers, participation and gifts to the University.
Below are just a few of the activities planned to help the University family get involved both on campus and in their own communities in February. To find out more, visit http://www.udayton.edu/iloveud
- Snap a few pictures. Share on Instagram or Twitter your favorite UD moments, past or present, or a good deed you did. Be sure to tag them with #iloveud.
- Send an e-Valentine. Starting in February, sign up on the "I Love UD" website to send a friend or special someone an e-card on Feb. 14.
- Volunteer. Join Flyers across the country in serving their communities. Connect with your local University of Dayton alumni chapter and join in a planned Volunteer Day.
- Flyer Pride. Attend a home game for men's and women's basketball teams throughout the month and support the Flyers with rally towels Feb. 1, T-shirts in the student section Feb. 12, prizes at all home games with concession proceeds going to support the "I Love UD" scholarship.
- Break Up. Donate a shirt from a different college to St. Vincent DePaul on Feb. 12 and get a free "I Love UD" shirt while supplies last.
- Give. There are many ways to give during "I Love UD" month. Join others and give online to complete smaller projects for key University initiatives like the chapel renovation and summer service projects. Buy a $2 cookie or give a $1 donation at the bookstore. Anyone who gives during the month will have his or her name written on a paper heart and displayed on the Hangar window in Kennedy Union.
Last year's inaugural campaign brought home a record number of gifts in February, and two awards for Best Collaborative Program and Best Program in Annual Giving in the 2013 Pride of CASE V program, which recognizes outstanding work in communications, alumni relations and advancement in a six-state region.
The program was an overwhelming success: $1.7 million raised, 3,016 gifts made, more than 1,000 acts of kindness performed and 4,202 new followers on Facebook.