- Provost Home
- Provost's Council
- Vision of Excellence & Strategic Plan
- Provost's Speeches
- Catholic & Marianist Character
- Faculty Resources
WE PREPARE STUDENTS TO LEAD AND SERVE IN A CHANGING WORLD.
Welcome to the University of Dayton! We're a top-tier Catholic, research university with a time-honoredphilosophy of education.
In the tradition of the Marianist priests and brothers who founded the University of Dayton in 1850, we respond tothe signs of the times. We educate students for adaptation and change because we know they will enter a changingworld. Our graduates use their education and community-building skills to excel in their professions and make adifference in the lives of others.
Our search for truth is grounded in both faith and reason. We offer a wide range of excellent academic programsdelivered by caring and gifted faculty. Our research initiatives stretch the frontiers of the imagination and benefithumanity. Our highly residential campus allows students to learn and live in community.
I invite you to explore what makes the University of Dayton such a special place.
Joseph E. Saliba
Provost's Council Members 2012-13The Provost's Council is comprised of educational and academic leaders of the university. The Provost's Council serves as a consulting and advisory body to the Provost. The Provost's Council meets monthly during the academic year.
Paul H. Benson, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
Paul Bobrowski, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Business Administration
Patrick G. Donnelly, Ph.D.
Associate Provost for Faculty and Administrative Affairs
William M. Fischer, J.D.
Vice President for Student Development
Kevin R. Kelly, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Education and Allied Professions
Rev. Joseph F. Kozar, S.M.
Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing
John E. Leland, Ph.D.
Director, Research Institute
Paul E. McGreal, J.D.
Dean, School of Law
Carolyn Roecker-Phelps, Ph.D.
President, Academic Senate
Tony E. Saliba, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Engineering
Thomas D. Skill, Ph.D.
Associate Provost and CIO
Paul Vanderburgh, Ed.D.
Associate Provost, Graduate Academic Affairs
Kathleen M. Webb
Dean, University Libraries
Provost's Address to the Faculty (Fall 2012): "Transmission - Transaction - Transformation" (PDF document) >>
Provost's Address to the Faculty (Fall 2011): "Curriculum and Culture" (PDF document) >>
Provost's Address to the Faculty (Fall 2010): "The Journey, The Map, and The Atlas" (PDF document) >>
Provost's Address to the Faculty (Fall 2009): "Building as Noun and Verb" (PDF document) >>
Catholic & Marianist Character
Catholic-Marianist Resource Documents
- Assessment of Marianist-Related Learning Outcomes (October 2006 - prepared under the direction of the Association of Marianist Universities) (PDF document) >>
- 2009 Catholic-Marianist Philosophy of Education Survey Results - (survey conducted under the direction of the Mission and Identity Committee of the Board of Trustees)
- Executive Summary (Word document) >>
- Characteristics of Marianist Universities (PDF document) >>
Policy for Reporting Sexual Discrimination (PDF document) >>
Executive Summary - 2007 Accreditation Report from the HLC (PDF document) >>
Faculty-Related Documents, Reports, Handbooks
- Faculty Handbook (PDF) (revised August 2012) >>
- Guidelines for the Allocation of Faculty Responsibilities (DRC) >>
- University-wide Tenure and Promotion Policy and Process (DRC) >>
- Post-Tenure Review (DRC) >>
- Evaluating Faculty Teaching for the Purposes of Tenure, Promotion, and Merit (DRC) >>
- Faculty Hearing Committee on Academic Freedom and Tenure - Bylaws and Operating Procedures (approved May 3, 2000; amended August 2012) (PDF document) >>
- Faculty Hearing Committee on Grievances - Bylaws and Operating Procedures (adopted January 13, 1998; amended September 9, 1998 and August 2012) (PDF document) >>
Joseph E. Saliba, Ph.D., Provost
Deborah J. Bickford, Ph.D., Associate Provost for Academic Affairs and Learning Initiatives and Director, Ryan C. Harris Learning Teaching Center
(click on title to visit website)
- Amy E. Anderson, Ph.D., Director, Center for International Programs (click on title to visit website)
- Brian LaDuca, Director, ArtStreet (click on title to visit website)
- David W. Darrow, Ph.D., Director, University Honors Programs (click on title to visit website)
- Jason C. Eckert, Director, Career Services (click on title to visit website)
- Beth A. Flach, Coordinator, Office of Academic Services for Student Athletes (OASSA) (click on title to visit website)
- Vera L. Gomes, Coordinator, Office of Academic Services for Student Athletes (OASSA) (click on title to visit website)
- Elizabeth G. Harrison, Ph.D., Director, Student Learning Support (click on title to visit website)
- Sawyer Hunley, Ph.D., Assistant Provost, Common Academic Program (click on title to visit website)
- Sue Krisko, Learning Initiatives Administrator
- Lisa S. Rismiller, Director, UD Women's Center (click on title to visit website)
- Stephen Wilhoit, Ph.D., LTC Associate Director; Director, Office of Writing, Research, and New Media
- David J. Wright, Ph.D., LTC Associate Director; Director, Office of Curriculum Innovation and E-Learning
Patrick G. Donnelly, Ph.D., Associate Provost for Faculty and Administrative Affairs (click on title to visit website)
- Jack Ling, Ph.D., Executive Director, Institutional Diversity and Inclusion (click on title to visit website)
- Victoria L. Adams, Director, Student and Business Information Systems
- Karen S. Bull, Director, IT Business Services
- Jacquise Y. Jackson, Assistant CIO, Customer Relations, and Director, Technology Support Services
- Susan S. McCabe, Associate CIO, Financial and Administrative Operations, and Director, Systems Integration
- Al J. Stern, Director, Central Hardware Systems and Network Storage
- David J. Wright, Ph.D., Director, Curriculum Innovation and E-Learning
Paul M. Vanderburgh, Ed.D., Associate Provost, Graduate Academic Affairs (click on title to visit website)
- Lisa M. Beutel, Center for Leadership
- Bradley Duncan, Ph.D., Executive Director, Graduate Academic Affairs
- Julie L. Mitchell, Director, Special Programs and Continuing Education
Administrative StaffAmy Askren, Faculty Hiring Coordinator/Assistant to the Associate Provost
Elise A. Bernal, Institutional Researcher for Academics
Jackie Estepp, Senior Administrative Assistant
Margaret Lisjak, Assistant to the Provost
Andrea Meyer Wade, Communication and Events Coordinator, AALI