Employee Parking Information
All vehicles parked on University property must display a valid UD parking permit and a valid license plate. Employees are assigned parking according to hire date and building information provided by Human Resources. Human Resources will add all employees with current parking permits to the waiting list automatically. As space becomes available, employees on the waiting list will be notified by Parking Services. Parking permits will be revoked upon leaving the university.Top
Univeristy disability permits are sold only to faculty, staff, and commuter students with disabilities, and are valid in ANY disability space on campus. Those requesting disability permits are required to provide Parking Services with a copy if their state disability placard for verification.
Permit holders with a temporary disability may present a doctor's statement to obtain a temporary permit or a short time period. The doctor's statement should NOT include medical information, but that you need closer parking. A State temporary disability placard is required in order to receive a temporary permit for an extended time period
All disability parking spaces and zones are enforced 24 hours daily, 7 days a week. Vehicles must display a University permit along with the state placard. Disability placards are not valid for residential student lots, unless assigned. A disabled visitor may stop by the Visitor's Center located on campus to obtain a temporary disability permit. A vehicle driven by UD faculty, staff, students, volunteers, lab workers, or vendors parked in a disability space must display a valid UD Disability parking permit. Disability parking permits are not valid in reserved parking spaces.Top
Overflow Parking Policy
The University makes every effort to provide adequate parking for all parking permit holders. Due to space limitations, however, designated lots are sometimes full and one must proceed to an overflow lot. If space is not available in your assigned lot, please report this to Parking Services at 937-229-2128 from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm weekdays, or Public Safety at 937-229-2121 during all other times. Our department will respond by citing or towing violators in the area.
The designated overflow areas are as follows:
|A||See attendant / S1||L||See Attendant / P|
|B||See attendant / A||MR||S2|
|C||See attendant||P||See attendant|
|CS||See attendant||PS||See attendant|
|D||Northwest part of S1||S1||See attendant|
|GAS/GAN||See attendant / S1||SV||S2|
- August to August: $170.00
- Night permits only valid after 4:00 pm (4:15 pm in Lot B): $135.00
- Second Semester Permits (sold beginning of January): $85.00 or $67.50 for evening parking
- First or Second Summer Session: $28.00
- Full Summer Session: $56.00
- Permit Replacement Fee: $20.00
- Temporary employee or Volunteer monthly permit: $15.00
- All-year motorcycle and motor-powered bicycle permits: $85.00 or $5.00 additional for permit holders
Faculty and staff will be issued a hang tag parking permit, which must be suspended from the rear view mirror of the vehicle. Sticker permits, available for convertibles and motorcycles, must be attached to the vehicle.
** Permits are transferable by their owners from one vehicle to another, but not transferable from one person to another.
When permits are forgotten, faculty and staff members must obtain one-day passes from the Parking and Visitor Information Center (College Park & L Street), Lot C Visitor's Center (Stonemill & Evanston), or at Parking Services Office (College Park Center Rm 195).
Citations issued to a vehicle displaying a University permit are the permit owner's responsibility. Misuse of a permit will result in a fine totaling twice the amount of an annual fee for a permit, vehicle impoundment, and loss of annual parking privileges.Top
Parking permits must be purchased and registered on-line at http://parking.udayton.edu. All citations must be resolved prior to purchasing a permit.
Deliberately falsifying information to obtain a permit, possession of a stolen permit, or the theft, alteration or misuse of a permit will result in a fine totaling twice the amount of the annual fee for a parking permit, vehicle impoundment and the suspension of annual on-campus parking privileges.
The parking office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am until 4:30 pm. If you have questions, please call our office at 937-229-2128.Top
- Permits returned within two weeks from the date of purchase will receive a full refund, less citations due.
- Anyone not needing their permit after December must return it to Parking Services within the first two weeks of Spring semester for a half price refund, less citations due.
River Campus Parking
Employee and Student Parking - Lot R1
- All Employee/Student permits, excluding House permits, will be honored at River Campus.
- Night permits will be honored only after 4:00 pm.
- No permit is required M-Th after 7:30 pm, Friday after 4:30 pm, and weekends.
- A parking permit is not required for visitors in visitor parking spaces.
- Employees and students are not permitted to park in visitor spaces.
- For visits more than three days, contact Parking Services for arrangements.
- For group events, contact Parking Services to make arrangements.
Short Term Parking
- 30 minute delivery zones are available. Emergency flashers are required.
- The University provides a campus shuttle service while classes are in session during Fall and Spring semesters. Please click on the the below link for information about the campus shuttle service.
Special Parking Areas
Marked by double letters, are restricted at all times to assigned permit holders only. Violators may be towed.
Marked 15/30 minute delivery zones are the only legal delivery areas on campus and are for 15/30 minute parking only. While parked in such areas, four-way flashers must be on. Any vehicle parked in a 15/30 minute loading zone for more than one hour is subject to impoundment.
These spaces are available only to those with appropriately designated UD parking permits. Vehicles without the appropriate permit displayed may be towed.
Motorcycle / Motor-Powered bicycles
All motorcycle and motor-powered bicycles must be parked in the special areas designated for such vehicles. Motorcycles may utilize the 15/30 minute delivery zones without flashers; however, it will still be limited to the posted time.
May never be used for parking without written authorization from Parking Services. All roads on the UD campus are considered fire lanes and must be kept unobstructed and available to emergency response vehicles at all times. Access to fire hydrants must also be maintained at all times. Any vehicle presenting a hazard by obstructing a fire lane or fire hydrant will be towed immediately.
- Human Resources will add all employees with current parking permits to the waiting list automatically.
- Employees are placed in lots according to hire date and building provided by Human Resources.
- B lot is for full-time employees only; C lot is for both full- and part-time employees.
- As space becomes available, employees on the waiting list will be notified by Parking Services.