Citation and Appeal Information
Citations will be issued for parking:
- without a permit
- in an area not marked for parking
- in the wrong lot during restricted times
- in more than one space
- illegitimately in an area marked for persons with disabilities
- without properly displaying a permit
- in a delivery zone overtime
- in a delivery zone without using flashers
- with a stolen, forged, or altered permit
- deliberately falsifying information to obtain a temporary permit
- In possession of a revoked permit
Citations will double if not paid within 14 days.
All change must be rolled with the customer's name and phone number printed on it. No more than a total of one (1) roll of coins will be accepted per customer per day.Top
A parking violation may be appealed through the Citation Appeals Board within fourteen days of the date of issuance of the citation.
Forms for appeal are:
- Available at Parking Services
- Available on-line at http://parking.udayton.edu
Information regarding the appeal of a citation is available in a separate brochure at Parking Services. Citations must be paid for before an appeal is accepted.
The Parking Appeals Committee, consisting of faculty, staff, and students has been established to ensure fairness and equality of treatment.
If you have a valid permit for where you were cited, please contact Parking Services before submitting your appeal.Top
A vehicle is subject to be impounded (towed or immobilized with a wheel lock) at any time if it is found parked:
- With three or more unpaid citations
- Illegally in an area marked for persons with disabilities
- Illegally in an area marked for Marianist parking
- Illegally in a loading zone
- Illegally in a reserved/designated space
- On a roadway without authorization
- So that it impedes the flow of traffic
- In a tow-away zone
- With falsified registration
- With a stolen, forged, altered, revoked, or misused permit
- Without meeting minimum State of Ohio operating standards and is deemed hazardous
- Parked on grass or dirt areas
- Parked in a 15 minutes delivery zone for more than an hour
As a general rule towing is an extreme measure taken during periods of heavy demand to ensure available parking spaces for valid permit holders. During such times a vehicle may be towed if it is found parked:
- Without a permit
- In a space not designated for parking
- In the wrong lot during restricted times
- In a delivery zone overtime
Retrieving an Impounded Vehicle
If your vehicle is impounded:
- Call Parking Services at 937-229-2128 Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm for instructions on retrieving your vehicle.
- After normal business hours and weekends, call Public Safety Dispatch at 937-229-2121.
Personal checks will not be accepted as payment for immobilized or towed vehicles. Impounding expenses are the responsibility of the impounded vehicle’s owner. No impounded vehicle will be released until all outstanding citations are resolved.Top