All keys must be requested and accounted for in accordance with the provisions of the University of Dayton Key Control policy. The Department of Public Safety and the Department of Facilities Management are jointly responsible for key management.
Each department has designated a person authorized to request keys (department chair or designee). That person must request required keys by completing a Key Request, located on the Facilities Management web site.
Personnel (students, faculty, and staff) are responsible for all keys issued to them.
The following information is required for all key requests.
- Name and identification number of the key recipient.
- Account number to be charged for the key.
- Key number.
- Location(s) key is to fit.
- If replacing a lost or stolen key, the Public Safety report number.
- Name and campus extension of person authorizing key.
- All keys are issued by the Key Distribution Office, located on the first floor of College Park Center (Facilities Management). Personnel receiving keys must personally report to the Key Distribution Office to be issued keys.
- Lost or stolen keys must be reported immediately to the Department of Public Safety dispatcher. An officer will complete an appropriate report and an assessment conducted to determine the security impact of the lost or stolen key.
- Personnel must turn in all keys issued to them to the Key Distribution Office when leaving the University of Dayton.
Detailed information regarding key control is available in the University of Dayton Key Control Policy.