For patients with a lab order by an outside physician, the Health Center will draw blood and send it to CompuNet Labs. To have blood drawn the patient will need to make a nurse appointment and bring their insurance information with them at the time of visit.
The lab order form must include:
- Patient's name and date of birth
- If a standing order, please include frequency and duration of order
- Fasting or non-fasting
- Diagnosis code (ICD-9) must be included (It is not sufficient to have the diagnosis name alone)
- Specify if the results are to be mailed or faxed to the physician’s office (Please make sure that the physician's fax number and complete address is included.)
- Ordering physician's NPI and UPIN numbers