The Department of Housing and Residence Life provides an intentional learning and living environment that is integral to the personal and social development of the University of Dayton student. Housing and Residence Life is committed to providing services, programs and facilities that foster the development of leadership, community, civility and faith in the Catholic and Marianist tradition.
We fulfill this mission by:
- Providing a developmental housing experience that promotes increased autonomy and community responsibility
- Collaborating with Student Development staff and campus constituents in creating educational opportunities that encourage students to engage in authentic and purposeful reflection and dialogue
- Providing opportunities for the professional growth and development of student leaders
- Supporting students’ success by delivering quality services and acting as responsible stewards of resources
- Creating inclusive communities where differences are acknowledged, appreciated, and affirmed