Requesting Extended Stay & Early Arrival
When and How to request EX/EA
The application for extended stay and early arrival opens approximately one (1) month prior to the extended stay/early arrival period and closes approximately two (2) weeks prior to the beginning of the extended stay/early arrival period.
All requests can be submitted HERE.
Tuesday, July 1 – The application for August 2014 extended stay or early arrival opens.
Friday, August 1 – The deadline to request August 2014 extended stay or early arrival.
Instructions for U.D. Departments sponsoring groups
- Departments will be contacted approximately two (2) months prior to the extended stay/early arrival period to share details about the upcoming extended stay/early arrival term session and to request group titles, department contact information, and department/group account information (if applicable).
- Departments must provide their group title and contact information to Housing and Residence Life.
- Students will visit myhousing.udayton.edu to apply for EX/EA. As students are completing the application, group sponsored students will be able to enter your department’s username and password shared previously with the department contact.
- It is the sponsoring department's responsibility to notify students in their group to apply. Students not affiliated with a group and who want EX or EA for personal reasons are opting for the "Personal Convenience" option and will not enter the username and password when completing the application.
Instructions for students filling out the application
- A UD LDAP username and password is required to login to the application.
- One application should be submitted for each EX or EA term requested.
- Student Information needed in order to complete the application: a) Student's first and last name, b) Student's ID# (the first 9 digits only, include any leading zeros)
NOTE: All students must have a housing contract with the University of Dayton to be considered for extended stay or early arrival. Students who do not have U.D. housing contracts will not be considered.
All requests for extended stay or early arrival must be sent through and approved by Housing and Residence Life before students are notified. Departments must not promise students that they can arrive or depart outside of the advertised extended stay/early arrival dates provided and without prior approval from Housing and Residence Life.
Submission of the extended stay or early arrival application does not guarantee approval. Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to review the request and approve or deny accordingly. The student will receive a decision via their official University of Dayton e-mail address.
Due to the last minute nature and volume of late applications, we cannot guarantee that applications received after the deadline dates will be handled immediately. Once the application closes, requests will be addressed on a first come, first served basis and need to be received in writing to email@example.com. Please see pricing for additional information about late requests.
Students will be charged based on the EX or EA term requested. Therefore, any changes or cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the arrival or departure date by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.