Groups seeking to retain their special interest house and new groups requesting a house are required to complete the 2014-2015 housing contract/application and submit answers to the proposal questions in order to be considered for a special interest house for the 2014-2015 academic year.
The special interest housing process occurs in two parts. As you prepare for this year’s process, please take note of the following dates:
Between November 11, 2013 and January 21, 2014
Groups need to collect the following information in preparation for submitting their online proposal for a special interest house:
- Determine a group leader for the house. This person, and only this person, will submit all proposal information on behalf of the group applying for a house.
- Collect the names and student ID numbers of all group members committed to living in the special interest house for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- NOTE: If you know that one group member is planning on studying abroad or co-oping out of town for one of the semesters, please prepare your plans for filling the vacancy.
- Collect the name, phone, email, and campus address of the group's organizational and/or house adviser. (SEE "ADVISER" SECTION FOR DEFINITION OF ORGANIZATIONAL AND HOUSE ADVISER)
- Provide a letter of support from the group's organizational and/or house adviser.
- Prepare answers to the proposal questions. Responses should be written in paragraph form with proper grammar and keyed so that group leader can cut and paste answers into online application form that will be available beginning January 21, 2014.
- NOTE: Any required attachments must be submitted with the application. No documents will be accepted after application deadline.
Between January 21, 2014 and January 31, 2014:
The group leader, and only the group leader, will:
- Go to myhousing.udayton.edu to complete his/her the individual housing contract/application*.
- Create a roommate group, the group’s name and a password. The name of the roommate group must start with the organization name and then state the name of the group leader.
- For example, Honors, John Smith.
- Email all roommate group members the name of the roommate group and password so that they can add their name to the roommate group that was created by the group leader.
- Cut and paste proposal answers into the appropriate text boxes in the housing portal.
- Attach adviser letter(s) to the appropriate text boxes in the housing portal.
- Attach any additional proposal attachments to the appropriate text boxes in the housing portal.
Each group member will:
- Go to myhousing.udayton.edu to complete his/her individual housing contract/application*.
- Join the roommate group created by the group leader.
- NOTE: Only the group leader will cut and paste the answers to the proposal questions and attach any documents.
*The individual housing contract/application outlines the terms that a student must abide by in order to live in University housing. Each roommate will need to complete the housing contract in order to participate in the special interest housing process.