Criteria for Selection
All student groups who wish to apply for or retain a special interest house for the 2014-2015 academic year must apply as a group. Please know that the quality of your proposal will affect whether your group will be awarded/able to retain a house.
Having a special interest house is a privilege. In order to be approved, all groups must demonstrate:
- Good disciplinary standing of both the organization AND individuals on the special interest housing application
- NOTE: Being on University Disciplinary Probation at the time of application could make a student ineligible to live in a special interest house for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Sponsorship by a recognized student organization or program/department
- Identification of an organizational adviser AND/OR a house adviser; (SEE "ADVISER" SECTION FOR DEFINITION OF ORGANIZATIONAL AND HOUSE ADVISER)
- A comprehensive proposal complete with goals and action plans that is consistent with the learning and community living principles of the institution, as articulated in UD's Commitment to Community document.