Expectations for Experience
The expectations below apply to all groups that are awarded a special interest house for the 2014-2015 academic year. Failure to meet any of the expectations below may result in revocation of the house as well as applicable disciplinary consequences:
- Completion of six online risk management modules by each resident living in the special interest house by October 31, 2014.
- Full occupancy of the special interest house for both semesters by 2014-2015 junior and senior students who are either affiliated with the sponsoring program or recognized members of the organization in good standing.
- NOTE: Groups will be provided the opportunity to fill any vacancy that occurs within a special interest house. In cases where a group is unsuccessful in filling a vacancy, Housing and Residence Life can either assign a student into the vacancy or charge the students living in the house for the vacancy.
- NOTE: Should a special interest house fall below half of the group’s capacity, Housing and Residence Life will reassign the students living in the house to other housing.
- Respectful care and maintenance of the property and an absence of vandalism or damage deemed excessive by Residential Properties.
- Completion of S.M.A.R.T. goal progress reports and deadlines as directed by the Housing and Residence student neighborhood staff.
- Adherence to University policy by the organization and/or residents living in the special interest house.
- Use of the special interest house in a manner that is consistent with the vision for special interest housing and the University’s Commitment to Community.