The Servant Leadership LLC is an environment located in 361 East Stewart Garden Apartments that nurtures and supports people who choose to serve first, and then lead as a way of expanding service and opportunities to individuals and institutions. Residents are encouraged to participate in service and cultural projects that range from immersion experiences and breakout trips to working with non-profit organizations, such as the Humane Society for Greater Dayton and the House of Bread. As a community, residents learn how to incorporate collaboration, trust, foresight, listening, and ethical use of power and empowerment into their work as servant leaders. Students will have an opportunity to develop their servant leadership skills in a community that appreciates and values each person's ability to make positive contributions to the larger world.
If you are interested in applying, you are encouraged to meet current community members and to contact Lindsay Elrod or call 937-229-4092.
The Servant Leadership LLC is located in Garden Apartments, 361 E Stewart St. The building includes 11 apartments that house 4 students per apartment.
- Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors are eligible. Groups of mixed class standings are permitted.
- Each group can have up to four members, all of which must have the same gender. (If you have a group of less than four, you can still apply and register, but it is encouraged that you find more members to complete your group.)
- All group members must agree to complete the requirements for living in the Servant Leadership LLC.
- If you are selected to be a community member for the Servant Leadership LLC, you are guaranteed placement in 361 E Stewart St Garden Apartments.
Please note that applications for the Servant Leadership LLC are no longer being accepted due to the high volume of current applications in process.
A three-step process is required to live in the Servant Leadership LLC:
- Submit your Servant Leadership Application and Contract by emailing it as an attachment to Lindsay Elrod.
- Application deadline is no later than January 4, 2013 at 4:30 pm.
- Depending on the number of applicants, a group or individual interview may be required during the week of January 14, 2013.
- Official notification of your status in the selection process will be given no later than January 21, 2013. Thus, students who are not successful in obtaining an apartment in the Servant Leadership LLC can still participate in the general student housing lottery process
- Complete the online housing application, which opens Mon Jan 21, 2013.
- Applying as a group of two, three, or four by completing the online Roommate Group step included in the housing application. The Roommate Group name must begin with SL, then followed by the Group Leader's name, for example, SL - John Doe