UDit Service DeskCall-in: 937-229-3888
Walk-in: Anderson Ctr. 28
See our hours
Usernames & Passwords
As an employee, enrolled student or Marianist you receive a Novell/LDAP account. You are assigned a unique username and password giving you access to a number of campus technologies.
The formal term for your account is your Novell/LDAP account. It is also referred to by other monikers:
- "Computer account"
- "Google Apps account"
- "LDAP username"
- "LDAP account"
- "Novell account"
- Banner administrative systems
- Google Apps including UDMail
- network printers & multifunction machines
- network storage space
Change your Novell/LDAP password:
- log in to porches.udayton.edu
- select the "Account" icon
- go to the "Change Password" tab
- Use the checker to ensure you select a password compliant with UD standards. Go to Password Checker
Reset your Novell/LDAP password back to the original:
- go to porches.udayton.edu
- select "password" at the login prompt
Contractors & Guests
Please ask your host to contact the UDit Call Center at 937-229-3888 at least three business days in advance.
- Contractors - Your host may request a Novell/LDAP account for the duration of your stay on campus or your affiliation as a service provider for the university.
- Guests - Your host may request an account that will provide Internet access for the duration of your stay on campus.
Your host needs to provide:
- UD employee name and department hosting guest
- Name of the guest
- Email address for the guest
- Contact phone number for the guest
- Beginning and end date for access