The E-Learning Lab is excited to announce that we have a new electronic evaluation tool in Isidore (‘My Evaluations’) that is specifically designed for course evaluations. The ‘My Evaluations’ tool has replaced our older website. In the past, the E-Learning Lab used a web form to administer distance learning course evaluations. Beginning this semester (Summer 2010), evaluations for distance learning courses will be completed through the ‘My Evaluations’ tool. This tool will serve both graduate and undergraduate distance learning courses. The evaluations will be available directly inside of Isidore.
Please note that unless you contact the E-Learning Lab, course evaluations will be conducted using a standard distance learning course evaluation template that parallels the Student Evaluation of Instruction Form used in traditional courses at UD.
If you would like to use ‘My Evaluations’ for your distance learning course(s), please contact the E-Learning Lab at (937) 229-5039 or email@example.com.
Whether you're a student who needs help completing an evaluation or whether you're an Evaluation Coordinator who needs help releasing evaluations, the E-Learning Lab has prepared some help videos for you.Top
Evaluation Question Set
Scale: Strongly Agree = 4, Agree = 3, Neutral = 2, Disagree = 1, Strongly Disagree = 0, Not Applicable = N/A
1. This course was academically challenging.
2. This course improved my critical thinking skills.
3. Students' discussion contributed to my understanding of the course material.
4. Assignments contributed to my understanding of the course material.
5. Assignments in this course improved my writing.
6. Assignments in this course improved my oral communication skills.
7. My use of computer technology contributed to my understanding of the course material.
8. Examinations and/or evaluations related to the material emphasized in the course.
9. Given the course level, the quantity of work required was reasonable.
10. The textbook and/or required readings were an asset to this course.
11. My effort in this course was substantial.
12. I learned a great deal from this course.
13. I would recommend this course to other students.
14. The instructor clearly communicated course objectives and requirements.
15. The instructor presented the material in a manner conducive to learning.
16. The instructor's enthusiasm inspired interest in the course.
17. The instructor encouraged students to relate course material to practical situations.
18. The instructor encouraged student participation.
19. The instructor created an environment in which all students were valued.
20. The instructor was available and responsive to requests or inquires
21. The instructor graded and returned assignments and examinations in a reasonable time.
22. The instructor's grading was reasonable, given the quality of my work.
23. I would recommend this instructor to other students.
24. Everything considered, how would you rate this course?
25. Everything considered, how would you rate this instructor?
26. What elements of this course increased your knowledge and/or understanding?
27. What elements of this course need improvement? Explain disagree or strongly disagree marks for statements 1 to 25.
28. Further CommentsTop
'My Evaluations' Features
- Ease of Use
- My Evaluations is easy to use. Students can locate their course evaluations by logging into Isidore and clicking on the 'My Evaluations' tool. Evaluations that are available for students to complete are loaded on the page. After a student has completed his or her course evaluations, they will be able to view a 'Completed' confirmation.
- Anonymity and Real-Time Participation Rates
- Not only are the evaluations anonymous, but you can also see who has completed the evaluation and who has not. As students complete the evaluation, the participation is updated to reflect the participation rate of each course. At this point in time, the E-Learning Lab can obtain this information for you. In future semesters, we will give access to the Evaluation Coordinator of each department to view this information.
- Customization for Departments
- Course evaluations will be conducted using a standard distance learning course evaluation template that parallels the Student Evaluation of Instruction form used in traditional courses at UD. If your department has a different question set that it uses for course evaluations, we can create a custom evaluation template for your department.
- Neatly Formatted Reports
- Results of the course evaluations will be exported and sent to the Department Chairperson. Evaluation results are neatly compiled into a report that is useful and very easy to read.