If you use a mobile device (e.g., Android, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry), you may wish to configure your device to access your UDmail and UDcalendar.
Mobile Device Security
If you carry a UD-owned device, UDit will install an agent to help secure the device; contact the UDit Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 229-3888.
- Physically label your device with your name and a phone number at which you may be contacted. Be sure to note your device's serial number in your own records.
- Install operating system and application (app) updates as soon as they become available
- If your device supports encryption, enable it
- Set a reasonable, hard-to-guess password. 4-6 digits are acceptable if used in combination with an auto-erase policy (see #5 below)
- Set your device to auto-erase after 10-15 failed login attempts (if available)
- Set your device to auto-lock after 10-15 minutes
- Install anti-virus/anti-malware software (if available)
- Disable Bluetooth and any services that you don't use
- Install remote management software (e.g., "MobileMe" for iOS devices; "Google Apps Device Policy" app for Android devices). These programs allow users to reset passwords, lock/wipe devices remotely and locate misplaced devices
- Periodically back up the contents of your device and check that you aren't storing any sensitive documents