Types of Undergraduate Aid

Most types of financial aid awards fall within one of two categories: gift aid and self-help.

Gift aid refers to awards that do not have to be repaid. Scholarships and grants are examples of gift aid.

Self-help, which includes loans and student employment, refers to funding that requires something from the student. Loans will require the student to repay the funds. Student employment will require the student to secure and work a part-time position on campus to receive a paycheck.

The first step in applying for financial aid is to apply for admission to the University of Dayton. To be considered for need-based financial aid (including grants and loans), you should submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).


Flyer Student Services

St. Marys Hall
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 1600