Bring your family — and learn more about our family — at an Open House.
Join us on Sept. 27, Oct. 18 or Nov. 22, 2015, to meet students, faculty and administrators, and discover why more than 7,900 students call the University of Dayton their home-away-from-home.
Schedule of Events
During the Open House, you can learn about admission and financial aid, attend the academic fair, gain tips for choosing a major, discover the benefits of the Honors Program, tour campus, interact with a student panel and more.
Open House events begin at noon, and registration starts at 11:30 a.m. in the John F. Kennedy Student Union. A detailed schedule will be available in September; please check back.
If you are on campus early, we invite you to join us for Mass at the Chapel of the Immaculate Conception at 10 a.m. At 11 a.m., we will be offering an early bird campus tour (meet in the Kennedy Union lobby).
A variety of academic programs are offered during the Open House. Early bird information sessions will be held for select majors at 11 a.m.; details on these sections can be found below. During the academic fair, you can meet with professors and students from each of our academic areas. Not sure what you want to major in? Attend our session on choosing a major to gain tips into planning your studies.
The following academic areas are hosting optional information sessions at 11 a.m.
- English: Kennedy Union, Room 211
- Engineering and engineering technology: Kennedy Union, Boll Theatre
- Premedicine and health and sport science: Miriam Hall, O'Leary Auditorium
- Teacher education: Kennedy Union, Room 222
Based on your major, you may register for an academic information session when you RSVP for the Open House.
During the Open House, the following academic areas are hosting tours specific to their area:
- Art and design majors may attend a tour of the classrooms, galleries and studios in Raymond L. Fitz Hall at 2 p.m.
- Business majors may attend a tour and question and answer session with academic advisers at 1 or 2 p.m.
- Engineering and engineering technology majors may chat with professors and visit our engineering laboratories between noon and 2 p.m.
- Music majors may attend a tour of the classrooms, studios and performance spaces in Raymond L. Fitz Hall at 2 p.m.
- Theatre majors may attend a tour of the classrooms and performance spaces in Raymond L. Fitz Hall at 2 p.m.
Space is limited, and reservations are required.
For more information or to request special accommodations, call 800-UD PRIDE (800-837-7433) or email email@example.com.