- College of Arts & Sciences Operations Manual
- Table of Contents
- Academic Committees
- Personnel Policies & Procedures
- Administrative Policies & Procedures
- Departmental Meetings
- Designated Funds
- Faculty Designated Accounts
- Extra Compensation
- Office Space
- Humanities Building Room Use Policy
- Sears Recital Hall
- Science Center Auditorium
- College Van Rental Procedures
- Vehicle Use & Driver Certification Policy
- Clarification of College Computing Policies
- Travel Policies
- Refurbishment of Department and Faculty Offices
- Student Policies & Procedures
College Policy on Refurbishment of Department and Faculty Offices
From time to time, department and/or faculty offices may be in need of new carpeting,* flooring and re-painting. As the need for facility refurbishment arises, the department chair must meet with a design representative from Facilities Management and the Coordinator of Physical Resources and Special Projects to perform an inspection of the spaces under consideration. Following the visual inspection and upon agreement of the parties regarding the scale of necessary refurbishment, Facilities Management will provide an estimate for the work. The College of Arts & Sciences will split evenly with the department’s designated fund the cost of painting, carpeting or flooring, and the cost to move desks, file cabinets, and other furniture so that the work can be performed.
A department’s designated fund shall bear the cost of purchases and repairs of office and conference room furniture, including, but not limited to: desks, office chairs, side chairs for visitors to offices, bookcases, file cabinets, conference room tables, and conference room chairs.
Any exceptions to this policy require pre-authorization by the Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences.
* Note that if carpets are soiled, but not in need of replacement, carpet cleaning (shampooing) is part of the university's contract with Alpha-Omega. Contact Wes Napier in Facilities Management for help with scheduling carpet cleaning.