Learn about careers in biology through our seminar series.
Students can explore career options for biology majors by attending the Careers in Biology Seminar Series. We have invited professionals in various fields of Biology to present a seminar on career paths and job opportunities in their fields. Speakers will discuss education and training opportunities, job requirements, future job prospects, salary, and job descriptions of various biology-related careers in their field. Each speaker will talk for about 50 minutes, and will answer your questions for 10 minutes. Following the seminar, we will have an opportunity to informally meet and talk with the seminar speaker, your classmates, and faculty.
- February 7, Andrew Phillips: Careers with the Ohio EPA
- March 7, Kunal Mandal: From ecology to sales: A circuitous career path merging biology and economics
- March 14, Dawn Kirschner, M.S.: Careers in science education
- March 28, Shawn A. Hunter, Ph.D.: Research opportunities in blood and tissue banking
- April 11, Amit Singh, Ph.D.: Going to graduate school
- April 27, Igor Elman, M.D.: Opiate Addictions