Requirements for the program are as follows:
- At least 24 hours of credit must be taken within the Department of Communication.
- Up to 12 hours of credit may be scheduled outside the department. These courses must be approved by your advisor.
- The four required core communication courses are:
- CMM 501: Communication Research Methods
- CMM 503: Communication Research Seminar or CMM 502 - Rhetorical Criticism
- CMM 536: Communication Theory & Models
- CMM 517: Organizational Communication or CMM 571 - Mass Communication Processes & Effects
- Each master's candidate writing the thesis must schedule a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 hours of thesis credit credits.