Policies & Procedures for Disseminating Course Materials
Faculty have many resources available to them. Read our policies and procedures below. Access Isidore and Library resources from the links at right.
Isidore Course Site
To reduce waste and costs, the English Department strongly recommends that faculty make all course materials available to students through an Isidore site rather than by photocopying handouts. Once materials are posted on Isidore, students can access those materials from any computer that is connected to the Internet. A link to Isidore is available above.
Departmental Photocopying Machine
Faculty may produce hard copies of course materials on the Department’s photocopying machine, which is located across the hall from the English Department main office. Each faculty member will be given a code for the photocopier (the number “2” plus the last four digits of his/her social security number). Faculty may make up to 500 photocopies per course taught each term. Faculty who exceed that limit will be charged $.03 for every copy that exceeds the limit. Faculty will be billed at the end of each semester for excess copies. For help with the photocopier, see one of the administrative assistants in the English Department main office.
To save paper and costs to the English Department, faculty are encouraged to scan documents to create Word or PDF files that can then be posted in Isidore or emailed to students. Faculty may scan documents themselves, or they may fill out a request form (available in the copy room). Departmental staff will then scan the materials with 48 hours advance notice and email the file(s) to the faculty member.
Faculty may use Roesch Library’s E-Reserves service for material of any length. Once material is put on E-Reserves, students can access it online through Isidore.
Instructions for Putting Materials on E-Reserves
- Take materials to the circulation desk with a completed reserve request form and a course syllabus.
- Complete one request form for each course.
- Submit materials no less than seven days before the materials are needed.
- Learn more about types of materials and compliance information from the link above.
- To fill out a request form, access the reserve request web page from the link above.
- Contact (937-229-4301) with any questions or concerns.
Instructions for Accessing Materials on E-Reserves
- Go to the Isidore homepage.
- Log in with University Login username and password.
- Click on the E-Reserves tab at the top.
- Click on the E-Reserves tab on the left.
- Click on the folder titled “E-Reserves Resources”. Within this folder, there will be a number of folders corresponding to their current class schedules. The folders will be titled using the instructor’s names and course and section number (ex: Foster-ENG100-01).
- Click to open the desired folder. A number of files, all in PDF format, should appear. Students will need Adobe Acrobat to view these files.
- Click on the desired file.