Procedures for New Faculty

Below are listed several items, including tasks, that new faculty should complete as well as items that new faculty should secure. The administrative assistants in the Department of English can offer additional information and assistance regarding these items. Links to the websites of Human Resources, Public Safety and Parking Services are available at right.

Related Links

Employment Forms

All new faculty must complete New Hire Forms.  Part-time employees should return them to the Administrative Assistant in the English Department, while full-time employees may take them directly to the Human Resources Office in Saint Mary’s Hall (room 118).  These forms include a tax withholding form (W4) and a form for proof of citizenship. For the latter, the employee must have a passport or two other valid forms of identification, such as a driver’s license and an ORIGINAL social security card or ORIGINAL birth certificate.  A background check must be completed for all new faculty, so you will be asked to sign a release, allowing HR to run this check. 

While at the Human Resources Office, faculty should also obtain an ID Authorization Form so that they may later obtain a UD identification card (see below).

Go to the Human Resources Form listing (www) >>


Office Keys

UD Flyer Card

UD Network Access and Email Accounts


Go to the HR Forms page (www)  >>