The Writing Internship Program
The Writing Internship Program is designed for undergraduate English majors and minors (or non-majors pursuing the Writing Certificate) to:
- gain professional writing and editing experience before graduation,
- discover the functions and effects of their writing outside of the classroom, and
- experience the multitude of ways that they can target strong and varied writing skills to a specific position or career.
To apply, students should have completed (or be taking during the time of the internship) one of the department's advanced writing courses: Report & Proposal Writing, Business Writing, Technical Communication, or Web Writing. Students can seek the assistance of the internship coordinator, Nicky Adams, in finding an opportunity or can arrange their own internships through professional contacts. Students can also earn course credit for their work through ENG 485, Writing Internship.
Our Current & Past Internship Sponsors:
- Adventure Central
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Crayons to Classrooms
- Dayton Art Institute
- Dayton Life Resource Center
- Dayton MostMetro Online Magazine
- Dayton Performing Arts Alliance
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Chat Room and Blog
- Family Services/Community Services for the Deaf
- Humane Society of Greater Dayton
- Miami Valley Hospital Foundation
- The Victory Project
Contact Nicky Adams, Writing Internship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her in HM 212.
Disclaimer: Notice of internships, jobs and volunteer positions by the Department of English of the University of Dayton is merely a service to our students and in no way indicates endorsement of these employers or their programs, inspection of these businesses or organizations, or guarantees subsequent approval of academic credit for an internship.