Writing Internship Program
Who can apply?
The Writing Internship Program is designed for undergraduate English majors and minors (or non-majors pursuing the Writing Certificate) to:
- gain professional writing and editing experience before graduation,
- discover the functions and effects of their writing outside of the classroom, and
- experience the multitude of ways that they can target strong and varied writing skills to a specific position or career.
To apply, you should have completed (or be taking during the time of the internship) one of the department's advanced writing courses: ENG 370 Report & Proposal Writing, ENG372 Business & Professional Writing, ENG371 Technical Communication, or ENG375 Writing for the Web, etc.. You can seek the assistance of the internship coordinator, Nicky Adams, in finding an opportunity or can arrange your own internships through professional contacts. You can also earn course credit(s) for your work through ENG 485 Writing Internship.
Our Current & Past Internship Sponsors:
- Adventure Central
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Crayons to Classrooms
- Dayton Art Institute
- Dayton Life Resource Center
- Dayton MostMetro Online Magazine
- Dayton Performing Arts Alliance
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Chat Room and Blog
- Family Services/Community Services for the Deaf
- Humane Society of Greater Dayton
- Miami Valley Hospital Foundation
- The Victory Project
How can I apply?
If you are interested, please complete this Online Internship Application first. Should you have any questions about this program, contact Nicky Adams, Writing Internship Coordinator at email@example.com or visit her in HM 212.
Disclaimer: Notice of internships, jobs and volunteer positions by the Department of English of the University of Dayton is merely a service to our students and in no way indicates endorsement of these employers or their programs, inspection of these businesses or organizations, or guarantees subsequent approval of academic credit for an internship.