Sigma Delta Pi
NATIONAL COLLEGIATE HISPANIC HONOR SOCIETY
SOCIEDAD NACIONAL HONORARIA HISPÁNICA
ETA TAU CHAPTER
Sigma Delta Pi is the only honor society devoted exclusively to students of Spanish in four-year colleges and universities. The society's purpose is:
- To honor those who attain excellence in the study of the Spanish language and in the study of the literature and culture of the Spanish-speaking peoples;
- To honor those who have made the Hispanic contributions to modern culture better known in the English-speaking world;
- To encourage college and university students to acquire a greater interest in and a deeper understanding of Hispanic culture;
- To foster friendly relations and mutual respect between the nations of Hispanic speech and those of English speech;
- To serve it's membership in ways which will contribute to the attainment of the goals and ideals of the society.
Students must meet the following requirements to be eligible for membership:
- must be a sophomore, junior or senior
- have a Spanish GPA of 3.0 or above
- have an overall GPA of 3.2 or above
- have at least 6 credits in Spanish at the 300/400 level
- have at least 3 credits in Spanish culture and civilization or literature at the 300/400 level
Please note: The application period for the 2016-2017 academic year is closed. New information will be available in October 2017.
If you have questions about Sigma Delta Pi or it's requirements, contact the faculty advisor, Prof. Daniel Figueroa.