Preparing and packing for VPI
Workshops, instruction, meals, and lodging for residential campers are all provided as a part of the VPI participants' campus life experience. However, there are personal items to consider when preparing for your stay at the institute.
The items listed below will make your visit more comfortable and are not provided with room and board. Some are necessary for VPI workshops and performances, while others will be useful for the many recreational opportunities provided during the week.
What to pack
- Casual clothes (note the daily yoga classes)
- An extra towel for yoga and warm ups each morning (you may also bring a yoga mat if you have one)
- Alarm clock and watch
- Personal grooming items
- Extra linens if desired (sheets, pillow, blanket, towel, washcloth, soap, and tissues are supplied)
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Sweater or light jacket (for air-conditioned buildings)
- Recreation: swimsuit, towel, sport clothes, tennis racquet, tote bag, etc.
- Spending money for dinner, soft drinks, snacks, souvenirs Notebook, staff paper and pencils
- Recording device to record lessons
- Sheet music for an accompanist to read as you perform for our “Sing in” the first day.
- Concert attire for performance (dress below the knee for girls; jacket, shirt and tie for boys.)