- Premedical Programs
- Academic Programs
- Opportunities & Activities
- Alpha Epsilon Delta
- Dental Interest Group
- Healing Hearts
- Hospital Elder Learning Program (HELP)
- Multicultural Association of Premedical Students
- Miami Valley Hospital Observation
- List of Scholarships
- Seminar Series
- Research & Scholarship
- Department Resources
- Our Alumni
- Request for Evaluation
- Roadmap to the MCAT
- Publications & Presentations
- Faculty & Staff
- Contact Us
Miami Valley Hospital Observation
University of Dayton juniors have the opportunity to shadow physicians in four different departments at Miami Valley Hospital. Currently students visit the Emergency Department, Endoscopy, Interventional Radiology and Heart & Vascular Procedures.
In order to participate in this experience, you will first need to obtain and complete some paperwork.
- Obtain a copy of your immunization record from the UD Health Center or from your family physician. If your observation date is between October 1 and March 31, you must have a current influenza vaccination.
- Verification of MMR immunization and verification of two-step TB test are required.
- Download all of the documents linked below.
- READ ALL OF THE DOCUMENTS!
- Complete the Job Shadow Application and Student Orientation Content Review.
- Bring the completed Job Shadow Application, the Student Orientation Content Review, your immunization record, and verifications of MMR and two-step TB test to the Premedical Programs Office.
- When you bring in the documents, you will be able to sign up for your observation times.
- The Student Survey must be completed after your observations and returned to the Premed Office.