- Student Services
- Choosing a Major or Career
- Internships and Cooperative Education
- Job Search Information
- Résumé / Letter Information
- Interview Assistance
- Campus to Career
- Choosing a Graduate / Professional School
- Applying to Graduate / Professional School
- Admission Tests and Personal Statements
- Graduate School Week
- Information for Parents
- Business Cards
- Alumni Mentoring Program
Considering a Graduate School?
While contemplating graduate school, give serious thought to answering the following questions:
- Do your professional / career goals require an advanced degree?
- Do you have relevant internship or full-time work experience directly related to your professional / career goals?
- Are you aware of Financial Assistance Programs offered by specific course of studies at institutions you’re considering?
- What extent of career development and employment assistance is offered at the institutions you’re considering?
- Would it be more advantageous to attend grad school directly after earning the Bachelor’s degree than working a few years in the field before seeking a graduate degree?
CHOOSING A GRADUATE / PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL
It is suggested to apply to more than one university, even though your heart may be set on a specific school, you must always consider the possibility of not getting accepted. This is not to discourage anyone from their top choice, but realistically, it is good to have other options. Make sure the schools you are applying to are ones that you would actually attend if accepted.
The University of Dayton Graduate Program offers over 50 disciplinary and cross-disciplinary advanced degree programs intended to support student success by providing advanced educational opportunities and services.