- Career Services
- Choosing a Major or Career
- Internships and Cooperative Education
- Job Search Information
- Résumé / Letter Information
- Interview Assistance
- Alumni Mentoring Program
- Campus to Career
- Choosing a Graduate / Professional School
- Information for Parents
- Hire a Flyer
- Career Events
- Contact Us
- Career Videos
- Student Employment
Information for Parents
Your child is making very important decisions about their next destination. Let us help you help them.
As a parent, your input can significantly impact your student's career development, and Career Services is eager to help you and your student. Ways that you can assist your student include the following:
- Encourage your son or daughter to take advantage of Career Services early in their college career. Far too many students fail to visit our office until late in the senior year. These students are at a competitive disadvantage in terms of preparation and competition in the job search or graduate school selection process.
- Emphasize the importance of internships, co-ops and other career-related experiences. Students who intern have more employment opportunities upon graduation.
- If you are an employer, post a job in Hire a Flyer for UD students and alumni (at no charge).
- If you are UD alum, become a mentor in the Hire a Flyer Alumni Network group on LinkedIn. Career Services will actively moderate and manage this group and will limit membership to alumni and current students. To join the group, please visit LinkedIn.
Services and Resources
The Office of Career Services is here to help your student from the day of admission to the university, throughout college and beyond. Our mission is to educate your son or daughter by advising them in the job search process, teaching them skills for a lifetime.
Career Services offers the following services to students and alumni:
- Career development, including choosing a major and career path
- Résumé and cover letter assistance
- Help in finding an internship or co-op position
- Job search assistance
- Interview preparation
- On-campus recruiting
- Workshops and seminars on a wide variety of career-related issues
- Major career fairs throughout the year
- Preparation for applying to graduate or professional school
- Online information, resources and tools
Hire a Flyer
All students and alumni have access to Hire a Flyer, which is Career Services' online career database. Hire a Flyer enables students to:
- View job listings for internships, co-ops and full-time positions
- Post their résumé for viewing by employers
- Research employers
- Sign up for on-campus interviews
- Network with UD alumni volunteers
- View international job listings and specific information on many countries and U.S./Canadian cities