Get outside the classroom!

The Higher Education Administration Program offers students more than just classroom learning. Students in the department have access to a wide variety of opportunities and activities to develop the skills they're learning in their courses, fieldwork and research.

Graduate assistantships

A variety of assistantship opportunities are available for students who are enrolled in the program. Recipients receive an annual stipend and tuition credits. Graduate Assistantships (which are paid)  and Internships (which are generally unpaid) provide vital learning environments for students who are studying full time in the program and working part-time. The College Student Personnel and Higher Education Administration Programs have a close working relationship with the Division of Student Development and other units offering graduate assistantships to our students. Learn more and apply >>

Study abroad

Students have participated in an optional study abroad course in Buenos Aires, Argentina. This opportunity enabled students to learn about another culture by visiting schools, agencies, and neighborhoods in another country.

View pictures >>

Regional and national organizations

Graduate Community Fellows: Operated out of the Fitz Center for Leadership in Community, this group helps build community partnerships to benefit the wider Dayton community while enhancing the learning experience of University of Dayton students through service. 

Additional organizations include the following:


Related Links