Frequently Asked Questions

You're going to have questions. We want to make it easy for you to get answers. Answers to some of our most commonly asked questions are below. If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

What licensure programs are available at the post-baccalaureate level in the Department of Teacher Education?

The University of Dayton offers licensure programs in the fields of early childhood education, middle childhood education, adolescent and young adult education, intervention specialist, art education, foreign language, and music education. 

What are the post-baccalaureate admission criteria for the licensure programs?

To be admitted to the Graduate School of Education & Health Sciences, applicants must have an undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher or a passing score on the GRE or MAT. To be admitted into a post-baccalaureate licensure program, applicants must have passed the teaching concentration(s) PRAXIS II subject assessment. To remain in a graduate licensure program, students must maintain a 3.0 GPA. 

What kind of advising is available for post-baccalaureate initial licensure students? 

Prospective initial licensure students need to have a transcript evaluation completed and then meet with a program advisor to develop their programs. The program advisors are available to assist with questions regarding teaching areas.

Can the licensure courses in the post-baccalaureate program be used toward the master's degree?

Most post-baccalaureate students earn the license first and then take the additional courses required for the master's degree. However, the master's degree core courses can be taken along with the licensure courses. The student teaching hours cannot be used toward the master's degree.

Related Links