Undergraduate student resources, Department of Health & Sport Science


  • Student Advising Sheet (doc): The student advising sheet should be completed by the student prior to coming to an advising appointment for scheduling courses. This allows both the advisor and student to have a productive meeting.
  • Transfer Credit Form (pdf): For students that take courses not at the University of Dayton, this form must be completed prior to enrollment in those courses in order to ensure credits will transfer.
  • Undergraduate grade appeal policy & form (pdf): For undergraduate students who wish to appeal a grade that he/she received in any course taught through the School of Education and Health Sciences.

Resources (on- and off-campus)

  • First-year student contact information (pdf) >>
  • Porches: Landing page for students, faculty and staff at the University of Dayton. Provides access to academic, financial, residential, and other university matters. UD login information & two-factor authentication is required.
  • DegreeWorksTracks student academic progress. It is the student’s responsibility to frequently check their progress and alignment with degree requirements. Students can edit their academic “plan” as well as calculate term GPAs and required course grades to obtain a specific GPA. Academic advisers use DegreeWorks for scheduling and documentation of student interactions. UD login information & two-factor authentication is required.
  • Honors Program: The University of Dayton Honors Program offers Honors diplomas with both a thesis and non-thesis option.
  • Center for International Programs/study abroad: Students interested in studying abroad should notify their academic adviser as soon as possible as well as schedule an appointment with the Study Abroad office.
  • Office of Learning Resources (for accommodations)
  • Learning Teaching Center (for tutoring services)
  • Career Services
  • UDit (technology support)
  • Counseling Center
  • Application sites: Many health professions use central application systems in the application process. The sites listed below provide a wealth of information on the application process, schools, and the profession. Students should begin exploring these sites in advance of their planned application (typically in the summer/fall prior to the 4th year) for matriculation upon graduation from UD (Physical Therapy: PTCASPhysician Assistant: CASPAOccupational Therapy: OTCASMedical School (MD): AMCASMedical School (DO): AACOMAS)
  • Standardized tests: Many graduate programs and health professional schools require the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Medical Schools require the MCAT. Other specific entrance exams may be required by other professional schools. Students should discuss the appropriate timing of taking these tests, but often they are completed the summer/early fall between the 3rd and 4th years.
  • Career information: The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook provides valuable information when deciding career paths and looking at employment opportunities/requirements.

Contact us

Department of Health & Sport Science

Fitz Hall 646 
300 College Park 
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 2968