Thank you for your interest!
Graduate Assistantships (GAs) are competitive and limited. Assistantships can be awarded within any of the following School of Education & Health Sciences departments:
- Counselor Education & Human Services
- Dean’s Office
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Educational Leadership
- Heath & Sports Science
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership
- Teacher Education
Policy Governing Additional Work Beyond that of the Contractual Graduate Assistant Hours
As a graduate assistant, if you want to work additional hours on or off campus, the following guidelines must be followed.
- Additional work must be approved by your GA contract supervisor, additional work supervisor (if additional work is on campus), and the Associate Dean for Graduate Education and Research of the School of Education and Health Sciences.
- The work should be related to your field of study or career/professional development.
- Additional work cannot exceed 38 hours per month of your contract, except in the summer. (This does not apply to international students who have a current GA contract for 20 hours per week).
- Under some conditions, students working on federal contracts may not work additional hours. Please verify the requirements dictated by federal guidelines.
- There are no restrictions on the amount of the additional hourly compensation.
- You will need to complete an Authorization for Additional Work by a Graduate Assistant and submit it to the Associate Dean for processing.