- Emergency Preparedness
- Response Guide
- Emergency Types
- Active Shooter Information
- Bomb Threats Information
- Chemical Hazards Information
- Evacuations Information
- Explosions Information
- Fire Information
- Medical Emergencies Information
- Flooding Information
- Power Outage Information
- Suspicious Objects Information
- Suspicious Persons Information
- Terrorist Information
- Tornado/Severe Weather Information
- Emergency Notification System
- Current Situation
Suspicious Objects Emergency Information
Potential methods of attack might come in the form of suspicious mail or packages, car or truck bombs, or attacks against mass services such as water, electricity, or communication systems. Attacks can also be in the form of nuclear, biological or chemical devices.
Being prepared includes knowing who to call, what information to take note of, evacuation routes, where to go for shelter, and how to get accounted for. This basic preparation will greatly reduce the confusion and facilitate a quicker response and recovery. You must also have a plan to communicate with family and loved ones so they know as quickly as possible that you are OK.
Some indicators to look for with suspicious mail are:
- Unexpected or unusual looking package or envelope from an unknown person.
- No return address or return address cannot be confirmed.
- Envelope is lopsided, oil stained, or has powder residue.
- Envelope is sealed with excessive amounts of tape.
- Envelope has restrictive endorsements such as "private", "personal", "confidential", etc.
For more information, please see: Suspicious Objects Response Guide>>