Fine Arts Collection Insurance

The fine arts collection held by the University of Dayton is protected by a separate "all risks" insurance policy.  Artwork covered by this policy is scheduled by item.  The coverage is subject to a policy deductible.

Direct questions regarding insurance coverage associated to EHS/RM at 937 229 4503.

Art Objects which are a Permanent Part of Campus Property

Art Work Owned by UD which is on Exhibit off Campus

Submit a written request for coverage to the EHSRM prior to an off-campus exhibit utilizing the Removal of Property and Extended coverage request form located here.

Art Work on Long-term Loan to UD

Art Work on Short-Term Loan to UD

Art Work which is being Shipped from the UD

Art Work which is being Shipped to UD

Please note that coverage is generally not available for art which is being shipped to UD, however, special circumstances may warrant review by the EHS/RM.

Because unusual circumstances may preclude coverage, faculty or staff should not offer assurances of coverage at or before the time of a loss, but rather, contact risk management if clarification is needed.

Certificates of Insurance

If a certificate of insurance (proof of insurance) is required for objects on short-term loan or long-term loan to the University, submit a request for a Certificate of Insurance.

Related Links

Theft Loss

Related Links

Damage Loss

In the event of damage to artwork, contact Environmental Health & Safety/Risk Management at 937 229 4503 and complete the on-line Damage Report and submit.  The Damage Report will go directly to EHS/RM for processing. 

Related Links