Graduate Financial Aid

Financial aid may be available for those degree-seeking graduate students seeking assistance. The federal government requires that any student seeking the use of Title IV funds must first be admitted to a degree-seeking program.

Once you have been accepted, our office will be notified so we can begin to prepare your aid for the upcoming year. Use the links on the left to explore aid options. 

Costs and Budgets

Direct charges for tuition, fees, housing (University-owned) and meal plan rates are set on an annual basis by the University administration. Variable expenses such as books, supplies, and personal spending allowances are set by the Office of Financial Aid and are based on average student expenses and federal guidelines.

The Office of Financial Aid establishes the annual student expense budget which represents the maximum amount of financial aid a student may receive over a standard academic year (fall/spring). Included in the student expense budget are commonly accepted educational expense allowances for items such as tuition, fees, books, supplies and personal spending in accordance with federal regulations.

These annual student expense budgets reflect average cost of attendance figures. If you plan to attend classes during the summer term as well, please contact our office. If you register for more than the budgeted amount or if your projected personal expenses are higher than our estimate, you are encouraged to contact a financial aid counselor to discuss your needs and the possibility of increasing your individual personal expense allowance.

Related Links

Billing and Payment

The Office of Student Accounts is responsible for the billing and payment process for all students. Each student has a student account, which summarizes all charges and payments made for University services. The transactions in this account accumulate over the entire enrollment period at the University of Dayton.

 For students who prefer to pay their balance due over the course of the term, the Office of Student Accounts currently offers the UD Payment Option.

E-refunding is now the preferred method for refunding Financial Aid excesses to our students. To complete the one-time setup for this option, follow the instructions found on the Office of Student Accounts' homepage.

Remember that adjustments to your schedule may affect your charges and aid so be sure to talk with a financial aid counselor before dropping a course (or courses). Learn more about the University's refund policy