General Information

    Important Things to Remember
    Cancellation and Refund Policy
    Public Law 93-380
    Retake Policy
    Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education
    Registration Instructions
    University Campus One Card/Student ID
    Final Examination Policy

    Important Things to Remember

    Over 18 hours needs the Dean's signature on a drop/add form.

    Permission Classes: Such courses are identified by a P in the section number (Ex. HST 103-P1) or by Perm in the Remarks column and require permission of the Chairperson before the beginning of the term.

    Closed Classes require the Chairperson's signature on a drop/add form if approved.

    Change of Grading Option requires the advisor's signature on an drop/add form.

    Building Codes are listed as the location of the class.

    Undergraduate Students Taking Graduate Classes numbered 500 level and above may not be taken by undergraduate students without prior permission from their advisor.

    Prerequisites: If you don't meet the prerequisites for a course, you must get your dean's approval on a drop/add form if you are in the School of Engineering.   Otherwise, the Chairperson Signature from your department is required on a drop/add form.

    Corequisites: If you are registering for a lab with a corequisite, you must register for the course first.

    Cancelled Classes:  When departments cancel a section, they must notify the student(s) and the Registrar's office of the cancellation.

    Cancellation and Refund Policy

    If registration is cancelled before the first day of classes, full tuition refunds will be made with the exception of the admission deposit. Housing refunds will be made in accordance with the terms of the "Student Housing Contract".

    Cancellations will be allowed only after the completion of proper drop/add procedures. Students who do not attend classes and do not officially complete withdrawal procedures during the cancellation period will be responsible for the full amount of the applicable tuition and charges.

    Detailed housing cancellation information can be found at the Residential Services website at

    During the four-week cancellation period for the first and second terms, tuition credits will be given according to the following schedule:

    • During first week of classes 80%
    • During second week of classes 60%
    • During third week of classes 40%
    • During fourth week of classes 25%
    • During or after fifth week of classes 0%

    (The 1st week starts on the first day of a term; the 2nd week begins 7 days later, etc.)

    During the two-week cancellation period for each six-week session of the split third term, tuition credits will be given according to the following schedule:

    • During first week of classes 65%
    • During second week of classes 30%
    • During or after third week of classes 0%

    Cancellations for a full third term course have a four-week cancellation period and will be on the same schedule as cancellations for the first and second terms.

    Financial adjustments for tuition are based on the date the drop (withdrawal) form is finalized in registration.

    Financial adjustments for housing (please refer to your housing contract) are based on the date of checkout from housing, if applicable.

    Special rules may apply for students who withdraw and who received Title IV funds. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid if additional information is needed.

    All tuition refund requests and appeals must be in writing and directed to Beth Gloekler, Director of Student Accounts.

    Students suspended/dismissed from the University or from University residence facilities as a result of disciplinary action are not eligible for any refund of tuition, room or board charges under the University's Cancellation and Refund policy. Exceptions to this position will be made to comply with refund requirements of federal financial aid programs.

    Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education

     As a UD student, you may enroll for academic credit in courses offered at participating SOCHE area colleges. You may pick up a registration form in the Flyers Student Services Office or print from the website. You must obtain your advisor's signature. Return the signed copy to the Flyers Student Services Office. To complete the registration process, you must take the form to the Registrar's Office of the host school during their registration period.


    Anyone who needs to park on campus for two weeks or more must purchase a parking permit. First year resident students will be restricted from purchasing parking permits. Commuting students are sold permits to park in Lot S1. Evening students are sold permits which are valid ONLY after 4:00 p.m. weekdays and anytime weekends in any ON-CAMPUS parking lot, except those marked with a double letter.
    For additional information contact Parking Services at 229-2128.

    Contact Us

    Flyer Student Services

    St. Marys Hall 108 
    300 College Park 
    Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 1601