- Honors Program
- Program Information
- Benefits and Resources
- Diploma Options
- Initiating Honors Diploma Candidacy
- Paths of Interest
- Earning Honors Credits
- Chaminade Scholars
- Chaminade Scholars Application
- DC Flyers
- Hull Fellowships
- Hull Experiences
- Hull Application
- Hull Application Part 2
- Hull Application Final
- Applying for an Honors House
- Honors Thesis
- Advising for Awards and Graduate School
Chaminade Scholars Program: Application Process
The University Honors Program welcomes your application to be a Chaminade Scholar. Please read the detailed information below before downloading and completing the application materials.
2015 applications are closed. Applications for 2016 will be accepted starting in December 2015.
Applying to the Chaminade Scholars Program
All portions of the application should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on the deadline date.
- Email subject line: Chaminade Scholar Application Materials
- All electronic file names should include the applicant's last name and the application year.
Example: Smith_CoverSheet_2015 / Smith_ApplicationEssays_2015 / Smith_ClassPaper_2015 / Smith_Recommendation_2015)
An application downloadable Word document (.docx) instruction sheet is available.
A submitted application consists of the following components:
- A completed and electronically signed cover sheet, a downloadable Word document (.docx).
- Completed essay responses to the questions included on Application Essay Questions, a downloadable Word document (.docx).
- A copy of a paper that you wrote for a UD class during your first semester−this should be a paper that you consider to be your best work. (You do not need to turn in the graded copy.)
- A written recommendation from a faculty member who was your professor for a 3-credit-hour course during your first semester at UD; the professor you request to write your recommendation must complete the downloadable Word document (.docx) recommendation form and submit it directly to email@example.com, Subject: Chaminade Scholar Recommendation
Electronic Signature: By typing your name at the specified signature line on each application form you certify that the application materials are your own work.
Applicant Information: Requirements
Interviews for the Chaminade Scholars Program will be conducted with program faculty and staff on Saturday, January 31, 2015. Be sure to reserve this day in the event that you are selected for an interview.
If you ar selected to be a Chaminade Scholar:
- You will be required to attend the Chaminade Scholar Formation Retreat.
- You will be enrolled in a required tuition-free, 1/2-credit hour mini-course, UDI165: Chaminade Scholar Seminar. Classes will meet during the Spring 2015 semester you are accepted into the program and will explore the themes of identity, vocation, and leadership as it relates to the Chaminade Scholars program and the call to discipleship.
- You will be required to maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above and pursue an Honors Program diploma.
- You will complete the three required Chaminade Scholar courses: REL 356, ASI 357 and ASI 358.
Email Chaminade Scholar Questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.