Office of Human Resources Learning and Development Offerings
The office of human resources provides training/education on university-specific policies and procedures as well as skills training for administrative support positions and general topics of interest.
The current semester’s Learning & Development offerings for university employees appears in the L&D Training Schedule (pdf). If you are uncertain about what programs to attend, speak to your supervisor or contact your employee relations manager for more information. It may also be helpful to review the document Leadership at All Levels (pdf).
We also offer an exciting opportunity for nonexempt employees to be accepted into a multi-session information and networking program, UD Connections. This opportunity is similar to the cohort program for exempt employees, Leadership UD.
For customized training and consultative/coaching services, please contact Kelly Schellhouse, Learning & Development Manager at email@example.com or 229-4895.
Summer Learning Series 2016
Want to achieve better results?
The Summer Learning Series is in response to your feedback from the Learning and Development Survey. Below are some topics that surfaced throughout the survey. Each topic is provided with self-pace/self-manage resources to help you navigate the waters successfully.
Need help with time management?No matter how you learn here are several resources to help you achieve better results:
- Atomic Learning Tutorials ~ Successful Time Management Training and Time Management Basics (Search for topics at www.atomiclearning.com)
- Books ~ Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-free Productivity by David Allen; The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- TEDx Video ~ How to Multiply Your Time by Rory Vaden at TEDxDouglasville (go to YouTube.com and search for title for free access)
- University of Dayton Center for Leadership Professional Development Class ~ Time Management and Personal Productivity on September 20, 2016. (You must register through the Center for Leadership and the Office of Human Resources in order to attend.)
Need help with sales techniques and negotiations?No matter how you learn, here are several resources to help you achieve better results:
- Atomic Learning Tutorial ~ Sales 101: Appointment Making Tips & Tricks (Search for topic at www.atomiclearning.com)
- Books ~ Pitch Anything: An Innovative Method for Presenting, Persuading, and Winning the Deal by Oren Klaff; Smart Calling: Eliminate the Fear, Failure, and Rejection from Cold Calling by Art Sobczak; Bargaining for Advantage: Negotiation Strategies for Reasonable People by G. Richard Shell
- TED Talk Video ~ How Great Leaders Inspire Action by Simon Sinek (go to TED.com and search for title for free access)
- Blogs and Other Advice ~ salesforce.com; ziglar.com; themuse.com
Positive Culture/Navigating Office Politics
Need help with creating a positive culture and navigating office politics?No matter how you learn here are several resources to help you achieve better results:
- Books ~ I Wish I’d Known That Earlier in My Career: The Power of Positive Workplace Politics by Jane Horan; #Positivity at Work Tweet Book01: 140 Bite-Sized Ideas to Help You Create a Positive Organization Where Employees Thrive by S. Chris Edmonds and Lisa Zigarmi
- TEDx Video ~ Shawn Achor: The Happy Secret to Better Work (go to TED.com and search for title for free access)
- Blogs and Other Advice ~ mindtools.com; huffingtonpost.com; hbr.org
- University of Dayton Center for Leadership Professional Development Class ~ The Power of Positive Workplace Politics on August 3, 2016. (You must register through the Center for Leadership and the Office of Human Resources in order to attend.)