- Center for International Programs
- About the CIP
- Intensive English Program
- International Student & Scholar Services
- Education Abroad and Partnerships & Exchanges
- New Student Arrival
It's easy to get overwhelmed at the thought of moving to a new country. We suggest you use the following checklist to make sure your transition to the Unites States and the University goes as smoothly as possible.
In some cases, this checklist does not apply to J-1 immigration students. All J-1 immigration students must contact Heather Schieman before beginning the checklist to ensure that they follow the correct arrival processes.
Before you arrive
- Confirm your enrollment
- Arrange transportation to campus
- Secure housing
- Obtain immunization records for Measles, Mumps, TB and Rubella (MMR)
- Purchase health insurance
- Register for classes
- Read the IEP student handbook (IEP students only)