It's easy to get overwhelmed at the thought of moving to a new country. We suggest you use the following checklist to make sure your transition to the Unites States and the University goes as smoothly as possible.
In some cases, this checklist does not apply to J-1 immigration students. All J-1 immigration students must contact Heather Schieman before beginning the checklist to ensure that they follow the correct arrival processes.
Before you arrive
- Confirm your enrollment
- Arrange transportation to campus
- Obtain immunization records for Measles, Mumps, TB and Rubella (MMR)
- Complete the arrival survey
- Register for classes
- Obtain documentation for health insurance
- Secure housing
- Read the IEP student handbook (IEP students only)