Aerial photograph of the Immaculate Conception Chapel


F-1 students are eligible to work on-campus while attending classes. The work does not need to be related to your field of study. You must maintain legal F-1 status while engaging in on-campus employment.

On-campus employment includes work done as a teaching or research assistant as well as jobs in the university library, dormitory dining facilities, laboratories, and administrative offices. On-campus also includes employment with on-location commercial firms which provide services for students on campus, such as stores or restaurants located in a University owned building.


  • You must be enrolled in a full course of study during academic year
  • You may not work more than 20-hours per week on-campus during academic year
  • You may work full-time on-campus during vacation periods
  • You may not engage in 'on-campus employment' after completing requirements for your degree.