- Ryan C. Harris Learning Teaching Center
- About Us
- Room Reservations
- Contact Us
- Curriculum Innovation & E-Learning
- Professional Development
- Campus Conversations
- Chairs Collaborative
- Confidential Consultations
- Diversity Across the Curriculum
- Faculty Development Committee
- Faculty Development Library
- Grants and Awards
- Inside the Studio
- Journals & Other Online Resources
- Leadership UD
- Midterm Instructional Diagnosis
- Reading Groups
- Studio Fellows
- Teaching a Global Student Community (TAGS)
- Teaching Fellows
- Office of Learning Resources
- Writing, Research and New Media
- LTC Newsletter
- Student Evaluation of Teaching (SET)
- Write Place
- A to Z Index
Inside the Studio
“Inside the Studio” is a peer-based faculty development program designed to achieve three goals:
1. Improve faculty teaching.
2. Prompt discussion of academic subject matter taught in classes across the curriculum.
3. Promote the creation of integrative courses called for in the University’s new Common Academic Program.
Inspired by James Lipton’s television show “Inside the Actor’s Studio,” with this program faculty from across the curriculum will be invited to attend a demonstration class taught in the LTC Studio by a faculty member who has been recognized as an outstanding instructor. The demonstration class will center on a topic of general academic interest drawn from the presenter’s field of study or academic interests. Following the demonstration class, a member of the Faculty Development Committee will lead a discussion of the presenter’s teaching strategies, the topic the presenter addressed, and possible connections between that topic and subjects the faculty teach in their own classes.
Thus, Inside the Studio offers attending faculty the following benefits:
1. Observe, experience, and discuss the teaching practices of highlysuccessful colleagues.
2. Expand the faculty’s understanding of the material taught in the demonstration class.
3. Generate ideas for CAP-related integrative courses.
Up to twenty-four faculty can attend each demonstration class (the seating capacity of the LTC Studio).