- Adjunct Faculty
- Campus Conversations
- Professional Development
- Chairs Collaborative
- Confidential Consultations
- Diversity Across the Curriculum
- Evaluation of Teaching
- Faculty Development Committee
- Faculty Development Library
- Inside the Studio
- Journals & Other Online Resources
- Leadership UD
- LTC Fellows
- Midterm Instructional Diagnosis (MID)
- Reading Groups
- Research Fellows
- Studio Fellows
- Teaching a Global Student Community (TAGS)
- Teaching Fellows
- Writing Across the Curriculum
- Writing with Friends
Leadership UD Information for Deans and Vice Presidents
Leadership UD brings together a diverse group of faculty and professional staff from across campus to learn, share and experience a wide range of issues from the perspective of a leader. Participants learn about themselves as leaders, and about formal and informal leadership structures on campus. They are given the opportunity to network with people and departments with which they may not normally interact.
As a sponsor, you have the unique opportunity to nominate individuals from your division to participate in the Leadership UD experience. The maximum number of nominations allowed per dean or vice president varies according to the number of employees per unit. Also factored in is the strong desire to bring diverse experiences and perspectives to the cohort. Each nominee must obtain supervisor and dean or vice president sign-off.
Potential participants should meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be full-time employees for a minimum of one year at date of nomination.
- Candidates should demonstrate a willingness to work collaboratively.
- Candidates should demonstrate the ability to set and achieve goals, which is an indication of candidates' motivation and leadership potential.
- Candidates should demonstrate an interest in learning about leadership, about leadership in higher education, about leadership at UD, and about their own leadership characteristics. This is achieved through past and/or current involvement and interest in the UD community.
- Candidates should show potential to impact the UD community further. This is based on the applicant's ability to offer leadership abilities to benefit the UD community, to work with others at UD, and to provide initiative in critical areas.
Deans and vice presidents share in the program cost by contributing $1,250 to cover the candidate's expenses in Leadership UD.
In addition, each participant is required to attend at least eight of the 11 Friday afternoon sessions and a mandatory opening retreat. Cohort members are expected to prepare themselves for each session by reading materials or completing other assignments. Participants' repeated absences not only detract from their experience, but also adversely impact the entire cohort.
Participants are nominated by their dean or vice president, who may solicit nominations from others within their respective area. Current and past participants of Leadership UD are also asked to approach their vice president or dean with suggestions for nominations.
This nomination form (.doc) is an optional tool that might be of use accepting nominations and identifying candidates to bring forward. Nominators/supervisors can be encouraged to submit answers to the questions on the form for each potential participant.
Please provide the name(s) of your nominee(s) to Deb Bickford by Friday, February 12. An indication of how many of your reserved spots you will be using is appreciated earlier.
Nominees should submit an online Candidate Profile Form by Friday, February 19.
Once nominated by their dean or vice president, participants are expected to attend an informational session. After completing this session and evaluating time availability and desire to be part of Leadership UD, participants will be asked to confirm whether they have the ability and desire to become part of the next Leadership UD cohort.